Jeep Yj 4wd Not Engaging

Jeep Yj 4wd Not Engaging



Why is your Jeeps 4WD not engaging? The Jeeps 4WD system could fail to engage due to a few possible reasons. They could be any of the following but not limited to: Failed actuator Vacuum Pipe damage Faulty switch Missing or loose linkage These are some of the most common reasons why your Jeep could fail to engage the 4WD system.


2/16/2014  · For some reason on my 1989 yj my 4 wheel drive is not engaging . When i put it in low 4 wheel drive, low gears kick in but not the 4 wheel drive. … with the jeep running, shift back and forth from 4wd to 2wd and see if the fork is moving back and forth. ’90 YJ , ford 8.8, SOA, lincoln front, aussie rear, 4.88s, swampers.


12/2/2020  · I have a 1993 Jeep yj that I bought and are restoring. I noticed that my for wheel drive only works in 4 low and not 4 high. The 4 wheel drive light comes on but it doesn’t engage . Does anyone know anything about this or know how to fix this?, 12/3/2006  · 4 Wheel Drive not engaging front wheels … 89 YJ -4.2/5spd,Herculiner tub,4HellCreek Lift,Cable front axle,Flush LED tailights,Hella,KC,33×12.5 BFG M/T on Eagle Alloys,flatfender,55w backup lights, Steves Jeep Rear bumper,Bestop extendatrunk w/top mounted spare,Cobra CB w/rear dual antenna, misc. trail rash … If not it could damage the Jeep …


5/3/2009  · i was off roading with my jeep and everything was going fine.BUTTTTTTTT….. then i went through a pretty thick thing of mud and both rear tires started spinning and front tires would not move at all. luckily i had another jeep there to pull me out. Also it started stalling out shortly before and after 4wd gave out. BTW its both 4WD high and low. when jeep stalled out. it started right back up …


Jeep Wrangler 4WD Not Engaging: SOLVED – 4 Wheel Drive …


Jeep Wrangler 4WD Not Engaging: SOLVED – 4 Wheel Drive …


Jeep Wrangler 4WD Not Engaging: SOLVED – 4 Wheel Drive …


Jeep Wrangler 4WD Not Engaging: SOLVED – 4 Wheel Drive …


6/23/2020  · Hey, I have a 95 jeep cherokee that has 4wd , how would I engage it into 4lo, for example if I was to do a little offroading, I haven’t tried engaging it yet simply because I’m not sure if there’s a specific process I have to do to engage it the right way, I don’t want to destroy the transfer case trying to engage it.


Traction control switch will not engage on 4WD High or Low. … The 4 wheel drive in my 1995 Jeep YJ is not working. I will shift in to the 4H position and the 4×4 indicator will come on, but the system does not engage . Any clues? Check the vacuum disconnect on the front axle. After 15 years, the lines break and/or get clogged.


4/2/2014  · The 4WD Indicator Light in the 91-95 YJ is the gauge closest to the drivers side in the center gauge cluster, to the left of the fuel gauge as pictured below. 4WD With a graphic of the drivetrain will appear in the upper half of the gauge, the bottom half is not used.

Advertiser